Perfumes as much as clothes can represent our personality or mood, though perfumes are more powerful because they tattoo our skin with a signature scent that leaves a trail, which people around us will remember us for.
Finding the right fragrance it’s hard and despite I’m not an expert, I thought I could still share with you my top 5 women and men’s perfumes that make my head turn whenever I smell them.
Most of us like to have more than one perfume according to each occasion, others are genuine fragrance collectors and possibly there is still a percentage that sticks to just one, nonetheless, there is a reason why we choose a certain perfume. Perhaps, we want something fresh to give us a sensation of well being in a springy day or either something sexy to spice up our lives. Fact is, we will associate each fragrance to a scenario that bring us a special memory. The 5 perfumes I selected are “head turnovers” and if you don’t know them yet, I would advise you to try them.
TOP 5 PERFUMES FOR HER
- Giorgio Armani Prive Rouge Malachite, Eau de Parfum – I have been using Rouge Malachite for at least four years now and either men or women, they always ask me what do I have on my skin when I’m using this fragrance. It’s a remarkable scent suitable for a first date where you want to be recognized as a mixture of sweet and wild spirit. Rouge Malachite was inspired by the Red Square in Moscow, Russia. The fiery red colour can be associated with the extraordinary tuberose which gives sensuality and mystery. The icy surface of Russia is represented by orange blossom and ylang-ylang.
- Christian Dior Miss Dior Blooming Bouquet, Eau de Toilette – These rainy days in London made me a bit moody and to uplift my soul, Miss Dior Blooming Bouquet has been my best friend. It transports me to a park filled with flowers in a sunny day, it’s like freshness and femininity are hand in hand together. It’s a well balanced romantic and seductive fragrance with essence of Sicilian orange, peony and damask rose.
- Giorgio Armani Prive The Yulong, Eau de Toilette – This is my favourite perfume in terms of freshness. It reenergizes every inch of my body. The combination of black and green tea results in an elixir for the mind when it needs to relax. Part of Les Eaux collection, this fragrance was inspired by the cold mountains in China of Jade Dragon Snow Mountain, located in the Yulong Mountains. The mandarin orange was added to refine the exquisiteness of this invigorating scent.
- Guerlain Musc Noble, Eau de Parfum – I would say when I wear this fragrance it makes me feel strong, powerful and invincible. It’s a musky and woody fragrance that merges pink peppercorn, saffron, musk, rose and cedarwood into a perfect oriental poem. When oud perfumes started to be popular, I could not handle it, since they are too intense, but I find this perfume the best that it could be brought from the oriental world, without being overwhelming. It’s a sexy and exotic scent that captivates you easily.
- Juliette Has a Gun MMMM…, Eau de Parfum – I so love the name of this perfume, it already tells you that it’s a seducing fragrance that will dominate your soul and body. I feel mysterious, elegant and feminine when I use MMMM… The goal of this perfume is to give immediate pleasure by the gourmand accord of vanilla and neroli. It’s a powdery and sweet fragrance that can take you into a journey of passion and fantasy.
TOP 5 PERFUMES FOR HIM
- Le Labo Santal 33, Eau de Parfum – This perfume brings me so many good memories. When I went on a first date with my boyfriend he was wearing it and I fell in love. Until today, after more than one year of being together, every time he uses this perfume, it still transports me to a happy place full of laughs and unique intimacy. Influenced by the American West and the boldness of the American Cowboy, this is a luxurious fusion of spicy, leathery and musky scents. The notes that create this alluring perfume are violet accord, cardamom, iris and sandalwood.
- Xerjoff Comandante Join The Club collection, Eau de Parfum – This is such a refined composition of the best spicy tobacco notes with a pleasant smoky vanilla, all added to a sweet journey of the most authentic flavour of honey. I love when my boyfriend wears this fragrance, I feel like biting him!
- Tom Ford Metallique, Eau de Parfum – Some might say it’s a feminine perfume, but for me this is a true unisex perfume. Tom Ford Metallique it can be used by either women or men and I am considering it as my top 3 for men, because in a men’s skin the vanilla scent becomes fresh and seductive, like an exotic candy. Pink peppercorn, bergamot and floral aldehyde create an exceptional piece of work that mesmerizes your senses. Besides being a fragrance full of character, the bottle also enhances the elegance of this perfume.
- Frederic Malle L’Eau d’Hiver by Jean-Claude Ellena, Eau de Toilette – It’s an elegant, light and yet warm fragrance with iris and honey, giving a sweet-smelling and powdery touch . The other ingredients such as bergamot, hawthorn and white heliotrope provide a delicate reminiscence of a bright sunny day in early spring.
- Tom Ford Tuscan Leather, Eau de Parfum – This is for a bold, secure and assertive men that knows what he wants. It’s an opulent intense scent that uses leather, jasmine and black suede to reinvent a sophisticated masculine sensuality. I think Tuscan Leather is ideal for a night out where a man wants to show his presence and dominance.
What makes you choose a perfume?